Norman Jayden (
triptoprofiling) wrote2013-08-19 12:34 pm
Entry tags:
001 {ver. 2.0} → {video} New Bark Town
[Here we go again: Yet another quiet day in New Bark Town until a complete stranger comes bursting through the doors in complete anger and/or anxiety. This time Norman doesn't even bother with the Q & A session with dear ol' MOM and instead does what he does best: throws a tantrum while talking to himself.]
--'m not doing this again! This is ridiculous. Why am I back here? I need to get back to Goldenrod.
[A small purr can be heard. Alvin the Watchog is very concerned about his master's predicament but there is little he can do so he watches.
In a spur of anger, Norman throws the bag of trail mix against the exterior of MOM's house. It hits the surface with a loud WHAP.]
Shit...
[It goes silent for a moment, enough for Norman to take a few breaths to regather his composure.]
Shaun if you can hear me, I'm coming back. Don't let any strangers inside the house and keep the doors locked.
...There should be money in the kitchen drawer. Use it to buy food for yourself.
--'m not doing this again! This is ridiculous. Why am I back here? I need to get back to Goldenrod.
[A small purr can be heard. Alvin the Watchog is very concerned about his master's predicament but there is little he can do so he watches.
In a spur of anger, Norman throws the bag of trail mix against the exterior of MOM's house. It hits the surface with a loud WHAP.]
Shit...
[It goes silent for a moment, enough for Norman to take a few breaths to regather his composure.]
Shaun if you can hear me, I'm coming back. Don't let any strangers inside the house and keep the doors locked.
...There should be money in the kitchen drawer. Use it to buy food for yourself.

no subject
Shaun immediately stops what he's doing (which is looking for Alvin, since the rest of Norman's team is accounted for except for the Watchog) and whips out his gear, and sure enough...]
Norman I thought you were gone...
[Tears are welling in his eyes, and he wipes them away with a shaky hand, which makes the camera go all wobbly.]
Hold on, I'll -- I think the Professor will let you use the PC in his lab. I've got your whole team, I'll go send them back to you right now, ok Norman? Is Alvin with you?
[His voice is thin and strained, trying not to crack under the weight of his tears, but he's smiling with relief, and his hands are shaking. He takes off running for the Pokemon Center immediately.]
no subject
[There is nothing like tears welling up from a child's eye to really pull at the heartstrings. But thank god Shaun is safe. He pulls a small, warm grin at him to reassure that he is still here.]
I don't know what happened but I'm here, okay? So is Alvin.
[A small, white paw waves frantically at the camera.]
no subject
I-it's okay, you're back now.
Promise me you won't leave me like that again.
[Even though he knows that's just asking for the promise to be broken.
Like the last time he extracted the same promise out of someone he trusts.]
no subject
[Moments such as this one remind Norman that promises are damn difficult to keep. Not when you've got the entire universe rocking you around all topsy-turvy.]
How's Susie and the others?
no subject
He'd been taking the FBI agent's guardianship for granted, lately. And now he was just glad he had a chance to amend that error.]
They're doing good! I'm gonna fly to come get you on Chase, just as soon as I can teach it to him. I'm asking right now.
no subject
[That little dinosaur he was training not to long ago? No way. Stahp playin', Shaunson. Dinosaurs can't fly.]
H-Hey, you don't have to pressure him. I could always rent a flyer to get to town sooner.
no subject
More like a dragon, really.]
Pressure him? It's okay, he's big enough to carry me! He wants to learn it.
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
[Video]
Back?! What do you mean you're back?
And why is it you need to get to Goldenrod, mmmm?
[Video]
[The way the camera is focused on this guy may look off-putting to some. For Norman, he'll assume that this person is trying to save money on their electricity bill. Instead his eyes furrow when he realizes he really didn't mean to relay this to a public network.
But did anyway.]
It's...a long story. You know how this place is? Always throwing monkey wrenches. I just need to get back to Goldenrod City as soon as possible. I promised I wouldn't leave them.
[Video]
[There's the sound of dog steps walking over to the fallen person.] Growl, growl. [The Pokemon whines in concern.]
Yes, yes. I'm alright. Actually, no. I've only been here a short time and still learning the mechanics of this world, yes... Care to share?
...They're throwing monkey wrenches?! Where?! [Someone took that literally]
[Video]
As in I'm back in New Bark Town. Don't ask me how I got here, it happened. Everything else is hazy.
[He really should get a medal for this.]
And don't get me started about the functionality of this place. The closest I ever I got to understanding anything is when I figured out which berry doesn't give you the runs.
[Video]
I'm more interested in how long it's been between having been here and coming back, yes.
[Crocker wide eyes] That may be something to learn as well but how?
[Sounds of furious typing] Drat! Nothing on file!
In case I ever find myself in the Ilex Forest again... [Cue the ominous voice] Strange how that entire forest seemed to have a magical vibe to it.
[Video]
At this point? Any explanation is plausible. We're both in a place where rabbits can breathe ice and snowflakes have a mind of their own. If there's one thing I learned staying here it's that no one has got an answer to anything. You got no choice but draw your own conclusions.
[--oh! and uh...]
Don't expect any answers to fall onto your lap.
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[Video]
Re: [Video]
[Video]
[Video]
[video]
[Here's a face you must have missed.]
Norman! Where the hell have you been?
[video]
[You see this face Blake? This is the face of someone who gave the fuck up.]
[video]
[The screen keeps flashing orange as the Growlithe brushes by, until it settles comfortably in Blake's lap.]
You're supposed to be the smart guy with the fancy degrees. Figure it out! You can't just go disappearing on me.
[video]
[There we go. There's that pained look of someone who is talking to a brick wall aka Carter Blake.]
[video]
[Blake gives Norman a dirty look as he scratches the dog behind the ears.]
Well fucking try harder. You can't leave me and the kid as the only people from the real world around here.
[That's as close as Blake can get to admitting he's relieved.]
[video]
[Oh hey, that looks new.]
...You got a new dog?
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
I'd offer to lend you something that can fly, but all I got is a bitchy dinosaur that keeps trying to take my damn head off.
[video]
Guess it's on me for not finding a bird that can fly. All I got is a chicken who can breath fire. Close but no cigar.
[video]
[...And you wonder why the Aerodactyl doesn't like you?]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]
[video]